The first day came and went early with us all crashing around 1800 HKG. In the 12 hours that we spent wakeful in the city however we:
- Arrived at the airport, got a wifi device, had the first few engagements of learning appropriate communication.
- Took a cab from the airport in the new territories, across bridges and tunnels in to Kawloon.
- Arrived at the hotel, where we dropped off our bags and registered for an early check-in
- Walked around a nearby Wet Market about a block to 3 blocks from the hotel and saw amongst other things a cat that lives in one of the shops who was quite cute.
- Came back to the hotel to procure our Octopus Cards (MTA and general payment by NFC), and discovered that our room was ready for check-in
- At which point we came up to discover the view and have a nap
- A few hours later we ventured out for a meal at Passion in Langham Place a mall conected directly to the hotel.
- Afterwards we returned to the hotel for a walking tour of all of the local markets which was about 40 minutes.
- The heat got to us a bit so Jenn, Mal, and I returned to the hotel, while Kaye walked the Goldfish Market.
- After that we all just passed and woke up close to 12 hours later.
Also the remote for the TV comes in a book…
With a picture…
Of the remote on the opposite side…